The Amenity Add-in allows you the ability to use a custom function to retrieve data from ESG and Key Driver Scores. To retrieve scores using the custom function, you will need to follow the instructions below.
The result in the cell will be the score of the earnings call transcript released closest to the entered date.
Key Driver Scores
You can use TODAY() to get the scores of the latest transcript.
- Enter the following function in any cell in excel:
=Amenity.ANLP("AAPL US", "2020-1-19")
- The result in the cell will be the score of the earnings call transcript released closest to the entered date.
- If a Key Driver was entered, the score would be of the driver. If a driver was not entered, the Amenity score will be listed as "-".
- In order to get the number of mentions or the score was Value, an Insights platform link to the transcript with the score entered. The link will be in the cell on the right side. By default, this parameter is false, and no link is created.
- Scores returned by the Add-in custom function are 1/100 from the scores in the dashboard.
For Example: If the "Guidance Score" in the Key Driver dashboard is 80 the score displayed in the Add-in will be 0.8
The functionality of retrieving ESG scores in the Add-in is the same as the Key Drivers.
=Amenity.ESG(ticker, "ESG_Type", "End Date", Window_In_Days)
There are four ESG types to retrieve data for - ESG, Environmental, Social, and Governance.
Window in days is the total amount of days you want to return a score from for the entered date. If the date entered is 5-1-2020 you can choose how many days of history you want to be returned in the score. In the example below, we use seven.
Example - =Amenity.ESG(AAPL, "ESG", "9-1-2020", 7).
Please note: When adding more than 2000 amenity formulas to your worksheet, it may take some time to load your data. For the most optimal performance, we suggest capping your worksheet at 500 data points involving ESG scores.